Defining a recurring time segment
- Complete steps 1 through 9 from Defining a one-time segment.
- Select the Recurring option for the Duration Type.
The Recurrence Definition tab appears on the form.
Business Time Segment form--Recurrence Definition tab
(Click the image to expand it).
- Select start and end dates and times.
For recurring activities, the Start Date and End Date fields determine the range of the recurrence, and the Start Time and End Time determine the duration of the time segment.
If your day ends at midnight, select the End of Day check box. Then, any value in the End Time field is ignored, and the day ends at midnight.
- Select the Recurrence Type, and specify the recurrence as dictated by the tab that appears when you select the option. (All the options accept a start date and return the next date.)
- Specific dates — A semicolon-separated list of dates (for example, 01/24/09;01/25/09).
- Daily — Every specified number of days, such as every four days.
- Weekly — Every specified number of weeks on a specified day, such as every three weeks on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Specified day of every specified month, such as the 24th day every three months.
- Specified week day of a specified number of months, such as the second Tuesday every three months. This could also be used to define quarterly activities.
- Specified day of the month, such as every fifth day of April.
- Every specified week day of a month, such as every second Tuesday of April.
- Save the form.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you