Creating form entry points
This section describes how application designers define a form entry point. These steps are the minimum for displaying entry points in the home page to open New or Search windows. You can mix and match entry points on your form as needed. For example, you might need only a Search entry point but not a New entry point.
To create form entry points, enable entry points for the form, and then create custom labels for each view of the form, as described in the following procedures.
Based on user preferences for locale and default view, different views of a form might be selected as entry points for each user login. For more information about how views are selected for users, see Selecting a form view for the user.
To create form entry points
- Create a form (for example, Customer Order Form).
- Select the Definitions tab.
- Expand the Other Definitions panel and then the Entry Points panel.
- Enable the modes for the entry points:
- For a New Mode entry point, select the Enable Entry Point check box.
- For a Search Mode entry point, select the Enable Entry Point check box.
- In the Application List Display Order field for each mode you selected, enter a value to order the mode entry point in the application list.
The value must be greater than or equal to 1. It determines the order of entries in the application list. For example, an entry point with a value of 101 appears in the list after an entry point with value of 100.
If the entry point orders are the same for multiple entry points, the order they appear in the Application List field is random. Plan the order of your entry points carefully. You can have gaps in the numbering.
- Save the form.
- Make sure that your form and its fields have adequate permissions for users to view the correct information.
Users see only the entry points that they have permission to access.
- (Optional) Add a Home Page form action button to your forms so that users can easily return to the home page with one click.
See Home page navigation aids.
To configure custom view labels for entry points
- Select a view of the form.
- Click in an empty area on the form so that the Properties tab displays the form view's properties.
- In the Properties tab, set the following values to define the label that you want to appear for the form's entry points in the application list:
- Entry Point, New Mode
- Entry Point, Search Mode
- Repeat step 1 and step 3 for each view of the form.
If you do not define a label string, the Application List field displays the entry points by their form name.