Configuring a server to use plug-ins
You might want to use plug-ins for these purposes:
- AR System database connectivity (ARDBC) — Used to create a BMC Remedy AR System vendor form to access external data.
For information about vendor forms, see Creating vendor forms.
- AR System external authentication (AREA) — Used to resolve user accounts against directory services.
- AR System filters (ARF) — Used to make a call from workflow to external services and to capture returned data.
BMC Remedy AR System supports the plug-in server and API, but if you have problems with a specific plug-in (plug-in which is not provided by BMC), contact the plug-in service provider for assistance.
For more information about creating ARDBC, AREA, or ARF plug-ins, see Enabling Plug-ins.
To configure a server to use C plug-ins
- Modify these settings in the ar.cfg file (Windows) or ar.conf file (UNIX):
- Modify the plug-in target password (Configuring server groups).
- Modify the plug-in log file settings (Setting log files options).
To configure a server to use Java plug-ins
To configure a server to use Java plug-ins, see Configuring java plug-in servers.