Commit Changes action
Use the Commit Changes action in:
- Active links
The Commit Changes action two has functions:
- When used with a dialog box, Commit Changes works with the Open Window and Close Window actions to capture the data entered in the dialog box. In this case, the Commit Changes action pushes predetermined values from the dialog box to fields on the parent form, but does not initiate a save to the database.
- When used with a regular form, join form, view form, or vendor form, the Commit Changes action applies the changes in the form and performs the major form action (for example, Submit, Search, or Modify). In this case, the Commit Changes action does submit data to the database.
To define a Commit Changes action
- Right-click the If Action or the Else Action panel.
- Select Add Action > Commit Changes.
The Commit Changes action is added to the If Action or Else Action list.
- Save the active link.
Using Commit Changes with a dialog box
In workflow, you can use a display-only form as a dialog box to capture user input. To do this, you use the Commit Changes action to transfer the data back to the parent form, in combination with the Open Window and Close Window actions, as follows:
- In an Open Window action with the Dialog window type, map the data to be written in the field mapping for the On Dialog Close Action. See Open Window action.
- Use the Commit Changes action before the Close Window action to write the data entered in a dialog box to the parent form.
- Use the Close Window action to close the dialog box. See Close Window action.