Changing Request ID field values to a new format
This section contains information about:
- Using an AR Export file to change the request ID field format
- Editing the .arx file
- Using SQL commands to shorten the Request ID field
- Using SQL commands to lengthen the Request ID field value
You might want to change the values of Request ID fields for your BMC Remedy AR System requests for the following reasons:
- Consistency — All the Request ID field values for a form follow the same format. If the format changes, all the requests change to match the format.
- Design — Your BMC Remedy AR System design changed, and this design references the new format of the Request ID field. Usually, the length of the field changes from the default 15 to something shorter, and you must eliminate the extra leading zeros.
You can use either of the following methods to update Request ID field values:
- Using an AR Export file to change the request ID field format.
- Using SQL commands to shorten the Request ID field.
Before updating field values or tables, back up your database to make sure your original data is saved if a failure occurs during the update.