Configuration data is stored in the centralized configuration forms and is also displayed in the ar.cfg configuration file (for backward compatibility). Centralized configuration not only simplifies the management of configuration data, but also simplifies the sharing of configuration settings across servers. Also, because configuration data is stored directly in the database, the data is more secure.
The following topics provide detailed information about centralized configuration:
- Backing up and restoring centralized configuration settings
- Centralized configuration system forms
- Configuration settings
- Notifications about changes to centralized configuration settings
- Updating configuration settings by using the AR System Configuration Generic UI form
The configuration data for the following components is centralized:
- BMC Remedy AR System server
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- BMC Remedy Approval server
- BMC Remedy Email Engine
- BMC Remedy Java plug-in server
- BMC Remedy Shared (Shared parameters for all components)
- BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option
- BMC Remedy Flashboards server
- BMC Remedy Assignment Engine
- AR System Database Connectivity (ARDBC) LDAP plug-in
- AR External Authentication (AREA) LDAP plug-in
- You can continue to change the configuration settings for the following components by using the listed form or tool:
- BMC Remedy AR System server — AR System Administration:Server Information form
- BMC Remedy Approval Server — AP:Admin-ServerSettings form
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier —
- BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option — AR System Administration:Server Information form
- BMC Remedy Flashboards server — AR System Administration: Flashboard Server Configuration form
- BMC Remedy Assignment Engine — AR System Assignment Engine: Server Settings form
- You can use the AR System Administration:Plugin Server Information form form to change the configuration settings for Java plug-in server.
- You can use the form for BMC Remedy Email Engine configuration settings and any other configuration settings that are not available in the preceding forms.
- You can use the AR System Administration:Plugin Server Information form form to change the configuration settings for ARDBC LDAP and AREA LDAP plug-in.