BMC Remedy AR System standards
BMC Remedy AR System server and the BMC Remedy Mid Tier adhere to the standards listed in the following topics:
BMC Remedy AR System server standards
- The AR System server provides encryption of information as it is passes over the wire. The standard encryption provided by the AR System server is based on OpenSSL libraries version 0.9.6m.
- The AR System server provides an API that is based on ONCRPC.
- AR System web services implementation is based on SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 specifications from W3C. SOAP 1.2 is supported for consuming web services only.
For more information, see:
BMC Remedy Mid Tier standards
Software standards ensure desirable characteristics of products and services such as quality, environmental friendliness, safety, reliability, efficiency and interchangeability. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a developer of international standards. BMC strives to make sure that each release of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier adheres to current standards.
Remember these tips:
- Use HTTP 1.1. (HTTP 1.0 is not supported.) Ensure that your browser uses HTTP 1.1 so that the mid tier can take advantage of data compression, persistent connection, and chunk transfer.
- BMC supports any SSL version that is supported by each HTTP web server vendor listed on the compatibility matrix.
- The mid tier supports 32-bit and 64-bit version of Java runtime environment.
The following table lists standards supported by recent versions of the mid tier. See the in the BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment online documentation for potential incompatibilities.
|AR 9.0||AR 9.1|
1.1 or 1.2
|1.1 or 1.2||1.1 or 1.2|
5.0 or 6.0
|1.7||1.8 Update 45+|