Associating active links with buttons and menu items
The Active Links property of a menu item enables you to select which active links are executed with a button or menu item (and any corresponding toolbar button). For these active links, the user must belong to a group with permission for the active link and the button or menu item:
- If a user has access to all active links associated with a button or menu item, but not to the button or menu item itself, the button or menu item is not displayed in the form.
- If the user has access to the button or menu item, but not to any of its active links, clicking the button or menu item does not execute the active link.
For more information about setting button permissions, see Assigning permissions.
To associate active links with buttons and menu items
- Open the form with which you want to work.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- For a button, select the button so that its properties appear in the Properties tab.
- For a menu item, select Form > Edit Menu Bar, and then select the menu item.
- In the Properties tab, click Active Links, and click the ellipsis (...) button that appears in the Value column.
- In the Active Links dialog box, select which active links you want to view:
- All Active Links — Displays all of the active links in the specified form.
- Available Active Links — Displays only those active links in the specified form that are not assigned to a button or menu item.
- Move the active links you want associated with the button or menu item to the Selected Active Links list.
- Click OK, and save the form.