You assign permissions to applications, forms, fields, active links, active link guides, flashboards, flashboard variables, packing lists, and web services. BMC Remedy Developer Studio includes these ways to assign or modify permissions:
- Default permissions — The permissions automatically created for a new object. Default permissions are preset permissions that you define per object type. You can set default permissions to apply to all objects on the server, or only within an application. Once defined, default permissions are automatically applied when you create any object of that type. Defining default permissions is optional, but can be useful if a certain group or role should always have permission to an object type. If you do not set default permissions, only administrators (and subadministrators where assigned) can access an object until you assign specific permissions to it. See Defining default permissions.
- Permissions for individual objects — You can specify which groups or roles can access an object when you create or modify the object. when you need to control user access at the object level. The steps for this option are described in To assign permissions for a form and To assign permissions for other objects.
- Permissions for fields — You can specify which groups or roles can view or change the data in a field when you create or modify the field. A group can have permission to a form but must also be granted permission to the fields in the form. The steps for assigning field permissions are described in To assign permissions for one or more fields.
- Batch permissions — You can specify permissions for multiple objects of the same type at the same time. For more information, see Modifying object properties.
- Group and role permissions — You can give a group or role access to every applicable object in a server or deployable application instead of opening each object and modifying the permissions individually. This method can be useful if you have added a new group or role after the objects were created. The steps for this option are described in To assign permissions for a group to multiple objects.
For more information, see: