Analyzing server objects
Run the Analyzer wizard to analyze server objects. In the wizard, you select the objects to analyze and the rules to apply.
The Analyzer uses object relationships that the BMC Remedy AR System server records. For the Analyzer to be available, you must enable the relationships feature.
To enable the relationships feature so that the Analyzer is available
- In a browser, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Server Information.
The BMC Remedy AR System Administration: Server Information form appears.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select the Record Object Relationship check box.
- Click Apply.
For more information, see Setting administrative options.
To analyze server objects
- Start the wizard:
- To analyze the object in an application or working list, right-click its item in the BMC Remedy AR System Navigator and select Analyze.
- To analyze a collection of objects, select them in an object list, right-click, and select Analyze.
- To open the Analyze Objects wizard with no objects selected, click the Analyze Objects button in the BMC Remedy Developer Studio toolbar. In this case, you select the server on which to analyze objects in the first page of the wizard.
The Analyze Objects wizard displays the Select Objects page, shown in the following figure.
Analyze Objects wizard — Select Objects
- To add objects, click the Add button and select them in the Add Items dialog box.
- To remove objects, select them and click Remove, or click Remove All.
- To determine which related objects are included in the analysis, select objects and click one of the following buttons:
- Object Only
- Directly Related
- All Related
You can also click the Related column in the list and select a setting.
For descriptions of the options, see Exporting object definitions, views, and applications.
- Click Next to display the Select Rules page, shown in the following figure.
Analyze Objects wizard — Select Rules
- Select the rules to apply to the selected objects.
- Click Finish.
As BMC Remedy Developer Studio analyzes the objects, it displays the state of analysis in the status bar and in the Progress tab.
When the analysis is complete, BMC Remedy Developer Studio displays the results in the Analyzer View tab.