Troubleshooting alert activity
This section contains information that can help troubleshoot the following alert issues:
- Using alerts in a server group
- Checking the status of alerts
- Using alert and web service logs to check alert activity
Using alerts in a server group
When using the Alert form with servers in a server group, configure the Alert tool to connect to only one server in the group. For information about configuring Alert for server groups, see Configuring a server for alerts.
Checking the status of alerts
The Read and Sent Successfully fields on the Alert Events form provide information about the status of an alert.
- The Read field is set to "X" when the user opens the alert.
- The Sent Successfully field is set when the alert has been successfully delivered to an API client, or to the Plugin destination. If this field is not set, there are several possible explanations:
- The field is not enabled. Use of this field is controlled by the Update Sent Flag field in the AR System Alert User Registration form entry for this user and destination.
- The AR System server could not successfully deliver the alert to the plug-in server.
- The plug-in server could not successfully deliver the alert to the Web service or other destination serviced by the plug-in.
Using alert and Web service logs to check alert activity
You can use the following logs to further trace and investigate alert activity:
- aralert.log — Contains details of actions that occur during registering and deregistering users, and when sending of alerts. See Alert log.
- Arjavaplugin.log — Contains details of Web services activities. See Logging plug-in information.