Specifying prefixes to ignore
This option enables you to instruct BMC Remedy Migrator to bypass workflow objects that begin with specific prefixes during a direct or a scripted migration.
All BMC Remedy Migrator installations include a default list of prefixes in the Ignore Prefixes dialog box. You can add new prefix names, edit existing prefix names, or clear the list. A Set Defaults button is available to restore the default prefix list at any time.
The default prefixes include those required to allow correct migration of CMDB, BMC Remedy Approval Server, and SLA/SLM applications. They are:
Ignore Prefix can be applied to all workflow objects except these:
- Groups and Computed Groups
Prefixes ignored in Results report
When a migration is completed, the Results report lists the prefixes that were ignored. The status information for workflow objects ignored during a migration notes these objects as ignored.
To specify prefixes to be ignored
- Select Tools > Options.
- Select Migration > Ignore Prefix (the following figure).
- Perform any of the following actions:
- To add a prefix to the list, click Add, and enter the prefix name.
- To remove a prefix from the list, select the prefix, and click Remove.
- To edit the name of an existing prefix, select the prefix from the list, click Edit, and make the needed changes.
- Click OK.
Ignore Prefix option