Setting version control options
Use the Version Control tab to enable or enforce version control features on the AR System server. See Licensing AR System.
To set options for version control
- In a browser, open the AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Server Information.
The AR System Administration: Server Information form appears.
- Click the Version Control tab.
AR System Administration: Server Information form — Version Control tab
(Click the image to expand it.)
Edit the options, as needed:
Version Control tab fields
Selecting Enforced causes the server to require object reservation. See Using object reservation.
If you are logged in to the server in BMC Remedy Developer Studio when you enable object reservation, you must log on again before you can reserve objects.
Object Modification Log
Selecting Enabled causes the server to log every change to objects. See Using the object modification log.
Save Definition Files
Selecting Yes causes the server to write a definition file each time an object is created or changed. This option is available only when the object modification log is enabled.
To give sub-administrators access to an AR System server with object reservation enforced
- Create a group with:
- Group Type set to View.
- Group Category set to Computed.
- Group Definition set to Sub Administrator.
This group contains all users in the Sub Administrator group.
- Grant the group Hidden permission (not sub-administrator permission) to the AR System Version Control: Object Reservation form. A user must have access to this form to connect to a server using BMC Remedy Developer Studio.