Setting pagination properties
If the results of a search returns a large number of records, you can view the results in pages instead of single large list. You can set the pagination properties in BMC Remedy Developer Studio and in the BMC Remedy Mid Tier application to ensure that the results are displayed in pages.
The following topics are provided:
Setting pagination properties to view search results
To ensure that a pagination is available for the result lists, you can set the following properties in order of their precedence:
- Max Entries Returned — If you set this value, the results list display the number of records equal to this value on one page. The remaining records are displayed in subsequent pages having number of records equal to this property value. If you have set this value, the Max Entries Returned By GetList property is not considered for pagination. Set using Definitions > Basic properties on any form in Developer Studio. For details about how to set form properties, see Setting basic form properties.
- Max Entries Returned By GetList — This property limits how many database records are returned from a search. For the results list, the property value is used for configuring the maximum number of results returned in one page and distributing the results list into subsequent pages having same number of records equal to this property value. If you have set the Max Entries Returned property, this property value is not used for pagination. Set using General > Server Information. For details about this property, see Setting the general tab on server information form.
- View Level Size of Chunk for Result List — This property limits records in results list on form views.
- Limit Number of Items returned — Set using User Preferences > My User Preferences. For details about this property, see Setting the general tab on user preference form.
The minimum value of either the View Level Size of Chunk for Result List property or the Limit Number of Items returned property is provided to the server and this minimum value is compared with the Max Entries Returned form property. The smaller value is then used to display the form results list. If you do not provide a value for the Max Entries Returned form property, the Max Entries Returned By GetList server property is used for comparison.
X = Lesser value between "View Level Size of Chunk for Result List" and "Limit Number of Items returned" Y = Lesser value between "Max Entries Returned" and X If "Max Entries Returned" is not provided: Y = Lesser value between "Max Entries Returned By GetList" and X Y is the value used for displaying records in the results list.
- If you have not provided value for any of the pagination properties, 1000 is the default value used for showing results in a results list.
- If the value of any of the pagination properties Max Entries Returned, Max Entries Returned By GetList, or View Level Size of Chunk for Result List is greater than 1000, the default value of 1000 is considered for the page size.
- To set the page size greater than 1000, set the value of the Limit Number of Items returned property to the required value, keeping the value of the other properties as 0.
The following table displays the list of values set for each property and the number of records displayed in the results list:
(Form View property)
|Property value |