Setting general options
Use the General options to change when login prompts occur, when cache refreshes happen, and whether confirmation prompts should be displayed when performing migrations.
To reset options to their default values, click Set Default.
To select general options
- Select Tools > Options.
The BMC Remedy Migrator Options dialog box appears.
- In the BMC Remedy Migrator Options dialog box, select General.
- Select the following general options:
- Login/Display Login Dialog Box for Each Server Connection — If unchecked, enables you to log on to multiple servers using a single password. If checked, you must log on every time you open a server window or whenever a server is referenced. You can use this option to specify account settings to limit available servers. See Setting-up BMC Remedy Migrator.
- Caching — Allows you to cache the local server or update directly from the server.
- Refresh object cache and database on type change — If checked, refreshes objects when changing to a different object type (for example, from active links to filters). Objects in BMC Remedy Migrator are also refreshed when you open a server and when you press F5 to refresh manually.
- Cache server objects locally — If checked, refreshes objects locally.
- Delete associated dependency and database files for .migrator binary files when the BMC Remedy Migrator file is closed — Provides the option to keep or delete the database and dependency files that are generated with*.migrator* binary files. Earlier, these files were always deleted when a .migrator file was closed, requiring them to be regenerated each time a .migrator file was reopened. This process can consume up to 40 minutes for the largest*.migrator* files.
Retaining the database and dependency files eliminates the recaching process and allows .migrator files to be reopened faster. Because the files are retained, this option requires additional space on the server where the .migrator files are stored.
The default value is not to delete the files (option unchecked).
- Migration Mode — If checked, confirmation prompts are displayed when performing migrations in Migration mode, or when migrating data entries to the same form.
- Click OK.