Sending alerts to a filter API plug-in
You can send alerts to a filter-API plug-in.
To write a plug-in to send alerts
- Write a filter API plug-in.
Make sure that the AR System server sends the following parameters to the filter API plug-in:
Encrypted plug-in values
The plug-in must handle data coming through plug-in values and encrypted plug-in values.
- Configure the ar.cfg (ar.conf) file to indicate the plug-in server where this plug-in will be loaded.
- Configure the pluginsvr_config.xml file to load the plug-in.
- Add an entry into the AR System Alert Delivery Registration form for this new plug-in. (The entry here defines a user-friendly name for the plugin.)
- When adding an entry into the AR System Alert User Registration form for a user, select this plug-in as the Plugin Name.
When the Notify (Alert) filter is executed for this user, the plug-in receives the data.