Selecting objects to migrate
Under Required Object settings, you can specify objects to be migrated automatically. These options guarantee that all required objects are included in a migration.
With Shared Workflow Settings, you can either merge the list of forms linked to shared workflow objects on the source server with the list of forms on the destination server, or replace the list of associated forms on the destination server with the list on the source server.
To select Required Object options
- Select Tools > Options.
- In the BMC Remedy Migrator Options dialog box, select Migration > Required Objects.
Required Objects options
- Leave the option settings for the following objects at their default values of Yes to have them migrated automatically:
- Table field forms
- Join form members
- BMC Remedy Flashboards variables
- Flashboard data sources
- Forms related to menus
- Forms required by applications
- Forms related to associations
- To require migration of forms required by applications, select Yes for the Migrate Forms Required by Applications option. If you are migrating data for a form that the application does not own, the Yes setting ensures that the required form for the data is migrated to the destination. If this option is set to No and you are migrating data for a form that the application does not own, BMC Remedy Migrator creates a special data-only form as a placeholder for the data so that it can be migrated successfully. See Migrating applications.
- To require migration of the state of an application, select Yes for Migrate Application States. This property defines the application state (Maintenance, Production, or Test). It applies to deployable applications only. For more information about application states, see Working with deployable application states.
- Select Yes or No for Merge Shared Workflow, depending on how you want to handle shared workflow objects:
- Yes — The list of s hared workflow forms associated with the object on the source server mergeswith the list of shared workflow forms on the destination object.
- No (default) — The list of shared workflow forms associated with the object on the source server replaces the list of shared workflow forms on the destination object.
- Click OK.