Section 508 rules for others
Application installers should:
- Be accessible solely with a keyboard.
- Work with JAWS.
Quality assurance teams should adhere to the following rules when testing Web applications to make sure that applications comply with Section 508.
- Test all rules that application developers need to follow.
- Test with JAWS to verify that the application is fully functional in accessibility mode. Also try Window-Eyes.
Make sure that:
- No two fields have the same label.
- The tabbing sequence follows a logical sequence of events.
- Fields and labels can be read by a screen reader.
- The application is functional when only the keyboard is used.
Information Development teams should adhere to the following rules when documenting Web applications.
- Documentation for applications should include known accessibility issues and workarounds.
- Documentation should include keyboard shortcuts, if any.
- All product documentation must be available in a format that screen readers can read, such as HTML and accessible PDF.