Removing or disabling objects
Object Removal options enable you to delete or disable objects from a Form and Related migration.
Objects that can be disabled:
- Active links
Objects that can be deleted:
- Active links
- Filter guides
- Active link guides
- Web services
BMC Remedy Migrator deletes or disables objects only on the destination server as part of a Forms and Related migration. For example, if you migrate Form 1 from Server A to Server B, BMC Remedy Migrator deletes or disables Active Link x and Filter x from Server B.
Object Removal options do not apply to locked workflow.
Migration object removal example
During a Forms and Related Objects migration, any objects related to a form that exist on the destination but not on the source can be deleted, disabled, or ignored on the destination when the migration takes place. If you specify that objects on the source should be deleted, BMC Remedy Migrator backs up those objects before deleting them (see Backing up destination server).
Forms are never deleted during migrations.
The default setting for these options is to disable all objects.
To select Object Removal options
- Select Tools > Options.
- Under Category, select Migration > Object Removal.
Object Removal options
- In the Delete or Disable Objects section, select how BMC Remedy Migrator should handle objects on the destination during a Form and Related Objects migration:
- Ignore All Objects — BMC Remedy Migrator ignores all objects on the destination server.
- Disable All Objects (default) — BMC Remedy Migrator disables all objects. The objects remain on the server disabled.
- Disable Specified Objects —
- When Disable Objects is selected, BMC Remedy Migrator disables the active links, escalations, or filters related to the selected objects.
- When Delete Objects is selected, BMC Remedy Migrator deletes the active links, escalations, filters, filter guides, active link guides and web services related to the selected objects.
- Click OK.