Monitoring service operations
You can track the number of service operations performed by the AR System server. You can track:
- The number of emails sent from AR System server in an hour
- The number of emails received by AR System server in an hour
Using the 2014.01 version, you can monitor only email services.
The following topics are provided:
Enabling service operations
As a BMC Remedy administrator, you can track the incoming and outgoing emails by selecting a check box in the AR System Server Information — Advanced tab. If you have not selected this option, you will not be able to track the service operations.
To enable tracking of service operations
- In a browser, open the AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Server Information.
- In the AR System Administration: Server Information form, click the Advanced tab.
- In the Enable Service Recording drop-down list, indicate whether you want to enable the system for tracking service operations. By default, tracking is disabled.
Adding service operations that you want to track
You can configure the service operations that you want to track using the AR System Service Statistics Configuration form. This form allows you to enable service operations for particular service types. Using the 2014.01 version, you can monitor only email services.
You must follow the steps displayed in this section to configure the tracking of service operations. If you have not set the following parameters for a service operation, it will not be tracked.
To add service operations
- Open the AR System Service Statistics Configuration form by typing the URL in a browser in this format: http://<midtier>:<port>/arsys/forms/<server>/AR+System+Service+Statistics+Configuration.
The AR System Service Statistics Configuration form opens.
(Click to expand the image.)
- Enter the values for the following fields:
- Service Type –- Indicates the service type, for example, com.bmc.arsys.email. Select the service type from the available service types.
- Service Operation — Indicates the service operation, for example, incoming, outgoing. Select the service operation from the available service operations.
- Monitoring Status — Indicates the status of a service operation for tracking. Select ON or OFF from the list to enable or disable tracking.
Viewing the service operations details
The information about the tracked emails is recorded in the AR System Service Statistics form.
To view the details, open the AR System Service Statistics form by typing the URL in a browser in this format: http://<midtier>:<port>/arsys/forms/<server>/AR+System+Service+Statistics.
The AR System Service Statistics form displays the following fields:
AR System Service Statistics form fields
Indicates the service type
Indicates the type of service operation
For example, incoming, outgoing
|Count||Indicates the total number of service operations. For example, incoming and outgoing emails.|
Indicates the time when the service tracking started. Start time is specified in hours. The tracking time frame is 1 hour.
Indicates the end time of service tracking
Indicates the IP address of the computer where the AR System server is running