Monitoring mid tier response time
Response time of a page is the time between opening of a page (opening a new URL, clicking a link or refreshing a page) and availability of a page on the browser. You can monitor the response time of the pages of Mid Tier application using the Response Time Monitor widget. To view the overall response time details, you must enable it from the Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
- Loading of IFRAME elements, Data Visualization Fields (DVF) and Flashboards cannot be monitored.
- Loading of cached inline form cannot be monitored.
- Only AR System workflows that make requests to mid tier server will be measured.
To enable mid tier response time monitoring
- Open the Mid Tier Configuration Tool ( midTierServer/shared/config/config.jsp).
- On the General Settings page:
- Select the Enable Response Time Indicator check box. By default, the check box is not selected.
For more information about enabling Response Time Indicator, see Configuring the General Settings Page.
To view overall response time details
- Click the Response Time Monitor (
An Information bar is displayed at the bottom of the page. ) icon in the bottom right corner of the page.
If you want to view the Response Time Monitor widget, click the information bar.
Response Time Monitor
Click Refresh () to get the latest values for bandwidth and latency. The bandwidth and latency values changes based on your network usage at that time.
- Click Close ( ) on top right corner of the widget to close it.
Overall response time parameters
The overall performance of the mid tier can be measured using the following parameters:
|Users Bandwidth to Server|
|Base Page||Indicates the form or workflow which is loaded.|
|Page Load Time|
Indicates the total time between opening a page (opening a new URL, clicking a link, opening a new workflow or refreshing a page) and the availability of a page on the browser. For example, the time between clicking a link and availability of a page in browser is considered as page load time. The page load time can be divided into:
|Last Transaction Time|
Transaction indicates the opening of a new page, inline form or a workflow after a new page or workflow is loaded in mid tier.
The Last 3 Transactions time indicates the page load time for the last three pages, inline forms or AR System Workflow that you visited.