Group options enable you to select how BMC Remedy Migrator should merge new groups with existing groups. BMC Remedy AR System defines several special groups that cannot be created using the Group option, including public, administrator, subadministrator, customize, submitter, assignee, and assignee group.
Groups are migrated by group ID, not by group name.
To select Group options
- Select Tools > Options.
- Under Category, select Migration > Groups.
- In the Group Merging options area (the following figure), select how BMC Remedy Migrator should merge new groups with existing groups:
- Reject Duplicate Groups — BMC Remedy Migrator generates an error for groups with existing request IDs.
- Generate New ID for All Groups — BMC Remedy Migrator creates a new request ID for all groups.
- Replace Old Group with New Group — BMC Remedy Migrator replaces old group information with new group information.
- Update Old Group with New Group's Data — BMC Remedy Migrator merges old group information with new group information.
- For each group merging option, select either or both settings:
- Ignore Required Fields
- Ignore Pattern Checking
- Click OK.