Data options enable you to select how BMC Remedy Migrator should merge new data with existing data. "Data" is defined as the entries within forms.
To select Data options
- Select Tools > Options.
- Select Migration > Data.
- In the Data Merging options area (the following figure), select how BMC Remedy Migrator should merge new data with existing data:
- Reject Duplicate Records — BMC Remedy Migrator generates an error for records with existing request IDs.
Generate New ID for All Records — BMC Remedy Migrator creates a new request ID for all records.
This option is not supported for migrations in which the destination is a file.
- Replace Old Record with New Record — BMC Remedy Migrator replaces old record information with new record information.
- Update Old Record with New Record's Data — BMC Remedy Migrator merges old record information with new record information.
- For each data merging option, select one or both settings:
- Ignore Required Fields
- Ignore Pattern Checking
- In the Default Data Migration Mode section, select which data records to migrate:
- Do not migrate any records.
- Migrate all records.
- Migrate query selection.
- Migrate first numberOfRecords records.
- Click OK.
The Related Workflow options section is available only when the destination is a server; not available if the destination is a migrator file.