Launching the Workflow Execution Viewer
The Workflow Execution Viewer is associated with events because workflows are executed on:
- Field events like Gain Focus, Button Click, Menu Choice, and so on
- Form events like Submit, Merge, On Display, and so on
- Time-based events like at certain intervals or on certain calendar days
To launch the Workflow Execution Viewer from the Form editor
If you know the exact field with which the workflow is associated:
- Open the appropriate form in the Form editor.
- From the context menu of the field, select Show Workflow > eventName.
If the field does not have any workflow associated with it, the context menu appears as Show Workflow > No Workflows.
The Show Workflow menu is also available in the Outline view.
The Show Workflow menu is not available for newly created forms and fields unless you commit the changes so that they are saved on the server.
To launch the Workflow Execution Viewer from the Event Navigator
If you know the exact form and event to which the workflow is related:
- From the context menu of the form in the Object List view, select Show Event Navigator.
The Show Event Navigator menu is also available for fields listed in the Outline view.
- From the context menu of an event in the Event Navigator, select Show Workflow.
The Show Workflow menu works only with a single event. If you select multiple events in the Event Navigator, this menu is disabled.