Integrating BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy with Smart IT or BMC MyIT
The BMC Remedy Single Sign-On installer does not perform unintegration. If the user wants to integrate BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with a supported BMC application which is already integrated with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, the previous integration has to be removed manually.
This topic describes how to integrate BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with Smart IT (Smart IT) or BMC MyIT.
Before you begin
- Install BMC Remedy Single Sign-On and configure realms to support the needed authentication methods.
- Install BMC MyIT 2.1 or later.
- Verify that access to the BMC MyIT and BMC Remedy Single Sign-On servers occurs through the same domain. Otherwise, deploying the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On agent will not work.
To integrate BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with BMC MyIT
- Unzip the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On files.
- Run the installation program (setup.exe).
The setup executable is located in the Disk1 directory of the extracted files.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
Select the Integrate with BMC MyIT / BMC SmartIT option, and then click Next.
After successful integration, the server hosting BMC Remedy with Smart IT or BMC MyIT will be restarted.
- Enter the directory path where BMC MyIT is installed.
- Enter the directory path to the BMC MyIT web server.
- Enter MyIT user credentials.
- Enter the URL to redirect unauthenticated user requests to BMC Remedy Single Sign-On for authentication.
Enter the URL for communication between BMC Remedy Single Sign-On and agent.
The URL must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) only and not IP addresses or short aliases as they do not preserve cookie domain and prevent functioning of BMC Remedy Single Sign-On.
Even when you access applications, use FQDN. For example, remedy.bmc.com.
- Check the installation preview and then click Install to complete the integration.
- Configuring BMC Remedy Single Sign-On
- Troubleshooting BMC Remedy Single Sign-On integration issues
- Troubleshooting BMC Remedy Single Sign-On log on and log off issues