Integrating BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy Mid Tier
The BMC Remedy Single Sign-On installer does not perform unintegration. If the user wants to integrate BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with a supported BMC application which is already integrated with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, the previous integration has to be removed manually.
To integrate BMC Remedy Mid Tier with BMC Remedy Single Sign-On, you must run the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On installer on the computer on which BMC Remedy Mid Tier is installed.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have installed the following applications:
- BMC Remedy Single Sign-On
- BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System)
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier
For more information, see and .
To run BMC Remedy Single Sign-On on BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- Unzip the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On files.
- Run the installation program (setup.exe).
The setup executable is located in the Disk1 directory of the extracted files.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
Select the Integrate with BMC Mid Tier option, and then click Next.
After successful integration, the server hosting BMC Remedy Mid Tier will be restarted.
- Enter the directory path where BMC Remedy Mid Tier is installed.
- Enter the URL to redirect unauthenticated user requests to BMC Remedy Single Sign-On for authentication.
Enter the URL for communication between BMC Remedy Single Sign-On and agent.
The URL must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) only and not IP addresses or short aliases as they do not preserve cookie domain and prevent functioning of BMC Remedy Single Sign-On.
Even when you access applications, use FQDN. For example, remedy.bmc.com.
- Check the installation preview and then click Install to complete the integration.