Integrating BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy AR System
The BMC Remedy Single Sign-On installer does not perform unintegration. If the user wants to integrate BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with a supported BMC application which is already integrated with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, the previous integration has to be removed manually.
To integrate BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) with the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On, you must run the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On installer on the computer on which the BMC Remedy AR System server is installed. You must have the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On server and the BMC Remedy AR System server running before performing the integration.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have installed the following applications:
- BMC Remedy Single Sign-On
- BMC Remedy AR System
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier
For more information, see and .
To run BMC Remedy Single Sign-On on the BMC Remedy AR System server
- Unzip the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On files.
- Run the installation program (setup.exe).
The setup executable is located in the Disk1 directory of the extracted files.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
Select the Integrate with BMC Remedy AR System option, and then click Next.
After successful integration, the server hosting BMC Remedy AR System will be restarted.
- Enter the directory path where BMC Remedy AR System application is installed.
Enter the URL for communication between BMC Remedy Single Sign-On and agent.
The URL must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) only and not IP addresses or short aliases as they do not preserve cookie domain and prevent functioning of BMC Remedy Single Sign-On.
Even when you access applications, use FQDN. For example, remedy.bmc.com.
- Check the installation preview and then click Install to complete the integration.