This space contains information about the 9.0 release of the BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System), BMC Remedy Encryption Security, and BMC Remedy Migrator products, including service packs and patches.
The following topics will help you begin:
Announcement, December 12, 2016
BMC Remedy Action Request System 9.0 is available with the following new features:
- Reconciling AR customizations using BMC Remedy Developer Studio
- Implementation of RESTful APIs
- New AR System Server Object — Association
- Improved archiving
- Enhanced logging features — logging configuration, logging restriction, logging consistency
For the details of all new features, see 9.0.00 enhancements.
BMC will no longer provide support for Workflow debugger.
The following interactive graphic summarizes enhancements for the BMC Remedy Action Request System 9.0. (The graphic may take a few seconds to load).
- For information about the issues in this release, see Known and corrected issues.
- To find content in the online documentation that was previously provided in PDF format, see Locating white papers, guides, and technical bulletins.
- To plan for an installation or upgrade, see Planning.
- To learn about installing or upgrading BMC Remedy AR System, see BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment 9.0.
- The BMC Remedy User and BMC Remedy Alert clients are no longer installed. For details, see the End of Life statement (Support login required).
Where to start
- End users: Using
- Administrators: Planning, Installing, Upgrading, Configuring after installation, Integrating, Administering, and Troubleshooting
- Developers: Integrating, Developing an application, and Developing an API program
- Architects: Architecture
For a description of key user responsibilities, see User goals and features.