Field properties on view forms
Field properties on view forms are the same as the field properties of a regular form, with the following exceptions:
- The View Information category includes the following properties:
- Table — Indicates the link to the external database table. This field cannot be modified.
- Column — Displays the column name on which the field was created. This field can be modified, but it must be 254 characters or less.
- If the column name does not represent a column in the data source, the field must be display-only.
For example, assume you add a character field to a view form. The Column property shows the column name as Character Field, which does not exist in the data source. To save the form, you must change the Column property to match a column in the data source, or set the Entry Mode property to Display.
- If the column name represents a column in the data source, the field cannot be display-only.
- You cannot change the data type of a character field on a view form. You can decrease the input length of a character field, but this action does not alter the corresponding column in the database. The input length should never be increased beyond its initial value.