Editing server properties
Use the following procedure to edit server properties.
To edit server properties
- In the Mid Tier Configuration Tool, click AR Server Settings.
In the Delete/Edit column of the AR Server Settings page, select the check box next to the server whose properties that you want to edit.
You cannot edit the server name. To change the name of a server, delete the server and add it again with the new name. Although the interface appears to allow it, you cannot edit multiple servers at the same time.
- Click Edit to open the Edit AR Server page.
- If you want the BMC Remedy Mid Tier to use the short name of the AR System server instead of the long name (shortName+domainName), even if the domain name is defined, select the Use Short Name check box.
If the Use Short Name check box is clear, the BMC Remedy Mid Tier uses the long name, which includes as a domain name provided by the AR System server. The AR System server can be configured to use the domain of its host operating system to use a specific hardcoded domain name.
- In the Admin Password, Port#, or RPC# fields, make the appropriate changes.
- If you want to validate the password for the server, select the Validate Password check box.
If you select the check box and you enter the correct password, the server is added to the list of servers that BMC Remedy Mid Tier uses. If you enter the wrong password, you cannot edit the server.
- To preload forms to the system's memory, select the Pre-Load check box.
To change the interval (in seconds) at which cache information is automatically updated, enter the new number of seconds in the Definition Change Check Interval field. The default value is 86400 seconds.
Select the Perform Check check box if you want the cache to be updated automatically at a time interval specified in the Definition Change Check Interval field value. You can also update the cache manually by clicking Sync Cache on the Cache Settings page. If the check box is:
- Selected — The cache will be updated automatically at the interval that you specify in the Definition Change Check Interval field.
- Cleared — The cache will not be updated automatically. If the system is in the process of flushing the cache when you clear the check box, the current cache flush will continue until that session is completed.
To enable and make skins visible for form views, select the Enable Skins check box.
- Click Save.