Distributed update scenario
The distributed mappings created in the preceding section can be configured so that when a request transferred with ownership to the Acme East Bug Tracking form is modified, the original copy in the Acme West Bug Tracking form is updated. (The Acme East form retains ownership of the request.)
- Distributed updates require compatible distributed mappings on the source and target servers.
- Requests transferred without ownership cannot be modified on the target server, so this topic is not applicable to them.
For overview information, see Distributed updates.
To configure a distributed update for the Acme bug tracking forms
- If you have not created a distributed mapping for both bug tracking forms, do so.
See To create distributed mappings for the Acme bug tracking forms.
- In Developer Studio, open the distributed mapping used by the Acme West Bug Tracking form on the sanfrancisco server.
- In the Options panel, select the appropriate option from the When to Update list.
Distributed Mapping editor — When to Update list in Options panel
- Save your changes.