Creating button fields
Use this procedure to create a button field.
For an overview of button fields, see Button fields.
To create a button field
- Open the appropriate form.
- Right-click the form, and select Create a New Field > Button.
The new button appears on the form.
- Select the button.
- In the Properties tab, set these properties:
- Button Label — The text displayed on the button.
- Display Type — Select one of these button styles:
- Button — The button looks like a button. Users can click it to initiate active link actions.
- Menu — The button field is added to the menu bar. For more information, see Using buttons and menu bar items to execute active links.
- URL — The button looks like a URL. Users can click it to initiate active link actions.
- (URL only) Modify the color of the URL:
- In the URL Color property's drop-down list, select Custom.
- Select a color from the color palette, and click OK.
- Specify active links to execute when the button is clicked:
- In the Properties tab, select the Active Link(s) property, and click its ellipsis button.
- In the Active Link(s) dialog box, connect active links to the button.
- Click OK.
For more information, see Using buttons and menu bar items to execute active links.
- Set other field properties as needed.
See Field Properties.
- Select the field, drag it to a position in the form, and adjust its size.
See Arranging fields in a form view.
- Right-click the form, and select Save.