Creating and modifying the Home Page form
The Home Page form is also installed with BMC Remedy AR System server. You can use it instead of the AR System Customizable Home Page if appropriate. You can modify the Home Page form or create your own form to use as a home page.
To create a Home Page form
- Open or create the form you want to use as your alternate home page form.
Add an Application List field to display your entry points. Add a View field with field ID 1575. This is the Application List field for the form.
You can include an Application List field in any BMC Remedy AR System form.
- Set your preferences to configure which entry points appear in the Application List field on your home page form.
- Open the AR System User Preference form in a browser and click the Home Page tab.
- Specify the server that the home page form resides on.
- Specify the default Home Page form.
Display the home page.
In a browser, enter the following URL:
To modify the Home Page form
- Open the default Home Page form.
- Select the Application List field.
- In the Properties tab, set the values to define how you want the Application Field to appear, for example, if you want a border or scroll bars to be displayed.
- In the Properties tab, set the Permissions value to define which groups should have access to the Home Page form.
- Select the Definitions tab, and change the permissions of the Home Page form as needed.
- Save your changes.