Configuring the Assignment Engine logs
You can configure the BMC Remedy Assignment Engine (Assignment Engine) logs by using the ASE:Admin-ServerSettings form.
To configure the Assignment Engine logs
- Open the Assignment Engine Administration Console.
- Click the Server Settings link.
- Select the Enable Assignment Engine Logs check box to enable logging.
- In the Log File Name field, enter the full path name of the Assignment Engine log file.
- In the Log File Level field, select the type of logging level.
- In the Max Log File Size field, enter the maximum size of the log file. The default size of the log file is 10 MB.
- In the Max Back-up Index field, enter the number of back-up log files to be created.
In the Number of Threads field, enter the number of threads that will process various assignment requests.
When you update the value for this field, the AE-Worker-Threads property in the ar.cfg file gets updated. You must restart the server for the changes to take effect.
- Default value - 3
- Minimum value - 1
- Maximum value - 10
(Click the image to expand it.)
To enable logging, you need not restart the server.
Assignment Engine log file format
The format of the Assignment Engine log files is consistent with the AR Server log files. The actual content may vary according to the need of Assignment Engine logging. The following sample shows an Assignment Engine log file entry:
<ASSN> <TID:0000000314> <USER: Remedy Application Service> <Overlay-Group: 0> /* Mon Aug 25 2014 14:59:13.2000 */ INFO Main Thread is waiting for Cache to be built for the first time.