Configuring DSO Return actions
Use distributed returns to request the return of ownership from the form where ownership was transferred. See Distributed returns.
To perform a distributed return operation, you must create a distributed mapping plus a filter or escalation with a DSO Transfer action on the source server. On the target server, you must create a compatible distributed mapping plus a filter or escalation with a DSO Return action. In some cases, it can be identical as that of the source server.
To configure a DSO Return action
- Create a filter or escalation (see Workflow objects).
- In the Execution Options panel of the Filter or Escalation editor, select the trigger criteria.
- Right-click the If Actions panel, and select Add Action > DSO.
- In the Type list, select Return.
To assign the DSO action to a distributed pool for processing, enter a valid pool name in the Distributed Pool field.
The Object Selector allows you to select either the distributed pools or the fields from which you want to source the pool name.
To select a distributed pool, you must first create a distributed pool. See Distributed pools and Enabling distributed pools.
To ensure that DSO actions are executed in the correct order, assign all related DSO actions to the same distributed pool. For example, all DSO actions associated with the same form should use the same distributed pool.
- (Optional) Select Override Loop Detection.
See Avoiding infinite loops.
- Save the filter or escalation.