Using Run Process for the web
In several BMC Remedy applications, the user is shown a table of related tickets along with the primary ticket. These related tickets can be from different forms. A special form is maintained, which records relationships between tickets. The related tickets table field shows this special form. When the user double-clicks on any of the related tickets, instead of showing the special form to the user, an open window action opens the form that has the ticket data.
Run Process considerations
- Active links that run a process on the client should have qualifications that limit usage to an appropriate client platform. The keyword $HARDWARE$ can be used to check for the client platform. On UNIX machines, $HARDWARE$ returns the value of the command uname -m. On the Windows clients, it returns the value PC.
- On UNIX machines, processes run under the Bourne shell.
- When passing data fields as parameters to external programs, enclose the arguments with double quotation marks if the value might contain spaces or special characters.
- The $PROCESS$ feature of the Set Fields action is effective for dynamically pulling or loading small amounts of data on the AR System client or server. For large amounts of data, use the API.
- The Run Process string can have a maximum length of 4096 bytes. To execute large scripts, use field references to build the script's data.
- For information about special Run Process commands, see the Developing an application section.