Using IBM DB2 Universal Database with BMC Remedy AR System
IBM DB2 behaviors that you need to consider are described in the following sections.
User name and password
See Using IBM DB2 Universal Database user names and passwords for user name and password information.
Form and field limits
When you create a form, there is a size limit. The total size of all data fields in a form cannot exceed 16 KB with the installed BMC Remedy AR System database. This is due to a DB2 limitation that creates a database with a tablespace that has a 16 KB page size. If you create a form that exceeds 16 KB, you must create a tablespace with a large page size before you create such a form.
To create a tablespace with a larger page size for a particular form
- Stop the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Create a tablespace with 32 KB page size. (You might want to name the tablespace something like TBS32K.)
- Start the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- In a browser, open the AR System Administration: Server Information form.
- On the Database tab, add the following options to the database configuration file.
This causes the table for the formName form to be created in the tablespace of 32 KB.
Form: <formName> Clause: IN TBS32K
You can also specify the clause as follows:
This causes the table for all the forms to be created in the tablespace of 32 KB.
Form: Clause: IN TBS32K
- Click OK to save this server information.
- Create the form.
The following limits pertain to the size of attachments and fields:
- The character field length is limited to 1 MB.
- The attachment size is limited to 1 GB.
- You cannot sort character fields greater than 254 bytes.
- You cannot store background bitmaps larger than 1 MB.
DB2 does not support using a column reference on the right side (or pattern) of the LIKE predicate. Only character-value references are supported. For example, the following query returns an error message because DB2 does not support using a field ID on the right of the LIKE predicate.
"Demo" LIKE 'Submitter'
This might affect the functionality of BMC Remedy applications.