Setting sequencing for rules
Rules are applied according to a specified sequence. If the first rule is valid, it is applied. If the first rule is unsuccessful, the Assignment Engine process tries the second rule, and so on.
To specify sequencing for rules
- Open the Assignment Engine Administration Console.
- From the Process tab, select the process for which you want to sequence rules.
- Click View.
- In the Process Definition dialog box, perform one of these actions:
- If rules are defined for the process, select the rule to reorder.
- If no rules are defined for the process, click Create to create rules (see Adding assignment rules). Select the rule to reorder.
- Use the arrow keys to order the rules in the sequence in which you want the Assignment Engine to use them.
- Click Save and Close.