Running the installer in silent mode
This section explains the steps to run the silent installer.
Before running the silent installer
Before running the silent installer, you must create an Options.txt file. An example ARSystem-ini-template.txt file contains all of the options you can place in Options.txt file. You can find the example file in the utility folder of the BMC Remedy AR System installer files.
To run the installer in silent mode
- Create an options.txt file that contains the options for the installer:
- Using the worksheets in Completing the planning spreadsheet as a guide, edit the options accordingly, ensuring that you include the appropriate
Sets the installation directory for a product.
-P installLocation=C:\Program Files\ BMC Software\ARSystem
Specifies the products and features you want to install. The product and feature names are listed at the top of the ARSystem-ini-template.txt file. To install more than one product or feature, include a -A line for each.
-A product <productName>
-A feature <featureName>
-A product ARSuiteKit
-A feature Clients
Note: The product names are case sensitive. Refer to the ARSystem-ini-template.txt for complete product names.
Specifies Java properties that correspond to user inputs. See the ARSystem-ini-template.txt file for examples.
As you edit the options.txt file, apply the following guidelines:
- Remove the comment (#) markers.
- To use an encrypted password, use the
- In UNIX environments, ensure that no Ctrl+M characters appear in the options.txt file.
- Enter Yes for the
## BMC EULA Accept
- Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=c:\path\to\options.txt
./setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=/path/to/options.txt