Preparing to upgrade FTS from a version earlier than 7.6.03
If you are upgrading the Full Text Search (FTS) feature from a version earlier than 7.6.03, complete the following steps.
- Back up existing directories and files before removing them.
- Uninstall the Open Text or Hummingbird SearchServer software if it was installed as part of the previous BMC Remedy AR System FTS installation.
- Select the FTS feature when you upgrade BMC Remedy AR System.
- Delete the following directories if they are not used with other programs:
- temp (versions 7.1.00 and 7.0.01 only)
By default, these directories are installed in the BMC Remedy AR System server location, and they are deleted when you uninstall SearchServer. If you created these directories in another location, you must delete them manually.
- To generate full text indexes in the new format, perform a re-index operation. (Select the Reindex check box on the FTS tab of the Server Information form.)
Be aware that re-indexing can take a long time and might impact other operations, so avoid re-indexing at peak hours.