Overlay hash files
An overlay hash file, also called a snapshot, is an XML file that contains keys for all the objects in a particular version of BMC Remedy AR System or a BMC Remedy AR System application:
- For fields and views, the key is the object's ID.
- For all other objects, the key is the object's name.
The Best Practice Conversion Utility (BPCU) compares objects in an overlay hash file with those in a customized BMC Remedy AR System component or application. BPCU produces a difference report that contains the results of the comparison.
Always make sure to download the latest version from this location, and use the same version of the hash file as that of the BPCU.
BMC product information
If you are upgrading from the following releases, you can use the overlay hash file (OverlayHashFile.xml) to compare the objects in your customized applications with the objects in the origin applications:
- AR System and its components (including AR System server, BMC Remedy Approval Server, BMC Remedy Assignment Engine, BMC Remedy Email Engine, BMC Remedy Flashboards, AREALDAP plug-in, ARDBC plug-in, and Web Services) with version 6.3.00 through the current version:
- BMC Atrium CMDB version 2.0.01 patch 004 through the current version
- BMC Remedy Enterprise Integration Engine version 7.1.00 through the current version
- BMC Remedy ITSM Suite version 7.0.03 patch 007 through the current version
- BMC Remedy Knowledge Management version 7.2.00 through the current version
- BMC Service Level Management version 7.1.00 through the current version
- BMC Service Request Management version 2.2.00 through the current version
- BMC Remedy OnDemand version 2010.01 through the current version
BMC integration information
The overlay hash file contains data about the following BMC integration objects:
- BMC Remedy Identity Management
- BMC BladeLogic Client Automation for Clients
- BMC BladeLogic Client Automation for Server
- BMC BladeLogic Server Automation
- Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk
- BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (versions 7.5.00 and 8.1.015)
- Configuration Discovery extensions (version 7.0.00 through the current version) for CMDB
- BMC Topology Discovery 7.6.00
- BMC IT Business Management
- BMC Service Impact Manager (Extensions of versions 7.3.00, 7.3.01, 7.3.02 for BMC Atrium CMDB 2.1.00, and BMC Atrium CMDB 7.5.00 through the current version)
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier object list definition files for AR System 7.0.01 through the current version
- Server group and DSO settings for AR System 7.0.01 through the current version
To obtain Overlay hash files
Click to here download the overlay hash files.
Using BPCU to generate difference reports
Refer https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-32560 for latest hash file for each version
Log in or register to comment.