Installing BMC Remedy Encryption Security
The following topics provide information and instructions for installing and uninstalling the BMC Remedy Encryption Security products:
- Installing an application that communicates with encrypted servers
- Installing encryption on BMC Remedy applications
- Installing encryption on non-BMC Remedy applications
- FIPS encryption options
The instructions assume that you have installed or upgraded to BMC Remedy AR System 8.1.
To use the following encryption products, you must install them on both the server and its clients:
- BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security 8.1 (Performance Security)
- BMC Remedy Encryption Premium Security 8.1 (Premium Security)
Clients include BMC Remedy, third-party, and user-developed applications that use the BMC Remedy API.
Before installing Performance Security or Premium Security on an BMC Remedy AR System server, you must add an AR Server license and the appropriate BMC Remedy AR Encryption license to the server. You cannot install encryption products on AR System servers that have evaluation or trial licenses. For information about adding licenses to servers, see Adding licenses.
Before uninstalling or upgrading BMC Remedy Encryption Security products, stop the Atrium Integrator Service.
Standard security is built into the BMC Remedy AR System API, so you do not need to install it.