Installing AR System Log Analyzer
AR System Log Analyzer, arwklga.exe, is a Perl command-line utility available for download from BMC Developer Communities. It parses BMC Remedy AR System API, Filter, and SQL logs to obtain statistics about the transactions captured in the logs. These statistics are useful for analyzing performance issues with BMC Remedy AR System applications, such as BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite and BMC Atrium CMDB.
The download includes several files:
- arwklga.rtf — AR System Log Analyzer User Guide, which describes the commands and explains how to use the utility
- arpreparelogs.exe — AR Prepare Logs, a companion utility to run before AR System Log Analyzer, which formats and merges log files
- arwklga.exe— AR System Log Analyzer, which generates output files to summarize transaction statistics
AR System Log Analyzer is distributed on BMC Communities. It is supported by the community rather than BMC Software Customer Support. Updates to AR System Log Analyzer are posted in BMC Communities.
To install AR System Log Analyzer
- Open a browser, and log on to BMC Communities.
- Go to https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-25473, and access the document containing AR System Log Analyzer.
- Download ARLogAnalyzer.zip to a temporary directory on a Microsoft Windows computer.
- Extract the archive file to the temporary directory.
- Run install.exe.
- Accept the default installation directory (C:\Program Files\BMCts) or specify a different location.
The files are copied to the installation directory.
- Access the installation directory and open arwklga.rtf to view the AR System Log Analyzer User Guide.
A Python based utility is also available for download from BMC Communities. For more information, see Python-based AR Log Analyzer.