Installing a server group
This topic describes the installation flow required to install a server group for BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium Core, and other BMC products.
- Before beginning your installation, review the Planning and Planning a server group installation topics.
- If you are performing a new installation, make sure that the server is clean. A clean system is one that has not had any BMC Remedy software previously installed on it. If BMC Remedy software was installed on one or more of your servers, it is recommended to re-image the system back to a state with no BMC Remedy products installed.
- If you are not using a load balancer for your server group, make sure that your network is configured to resolve the server name. For information about load balancers and BMC Remedy AR System, see Configuring a hardware load balancer with BMC Remedy AR System.
See the following video for an overview about installing server groups.
Use player to increase quality or switch to full screen | YouTube:
Preparing to install your server group
Review the BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Atrium compatibility matrix for the latest, most complete information about platforms currently supported by BMC Remedy and BMC Atrium products.
To access this information, you must log in with your BMC support login and password.
Review the requirements for your computer platform:
Prepare your databases before you start the server group installation.
Identify the database that the server group will share, as well as the database login information and database settings. All your AR System servers will connect to this database. You need this information before you install the first AR System server.
Server group installation flow
Install the first AR System server.
Install the next server in the server group.
Repeat steps 11, 12, and 13 for each subsequent server in the group.
Where to go from here
- Configuring server groups
- Installing BMC Remedy IT Service Management in a server group to install the ITSM Suite in a server group