Duplicating the production server installations for upgrades without overlays
Use the following tables, and note the exact version and patch level of the software that is installed on your production server.
AR System and ITSM Product versions for your environment
BMC Remedy AR System and associated components
BMC Atrium Core
BMC Remedy ITSM Suite
BMC Service Level Management
BMC Service Request Management
BMC Remedy Knowledge Management
Non-ITSM Product versions for your environment
BMC Service Impact Manager
Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk
BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
Ensure that you have backups of all versions listed. Download the product files from the Licensed Products tab of the BMC Software EPD web site ( http://webapps.bmc.com/epd).
This might require multiple downloads per product. For example, to upgrade to BMC Remedy ITSM Suite 7.03 Patch 009, you also need to download 7.03, 7.03 Patch 007, and 7.03 Patch 009. Version and product information can be found in the Shared Application Properties form.
Complete the following procedures to install each product and application listed in the previous tables.
If you have a version of BMC Remedy ITSM Suite that is earlier than 7.0.03, or a version of BMC Remedy Knowledge Management that is earlier than 7.6.04 in your stack, then BMC Remedy ITSM Suite requires a full installation. You cannot use LOADAPP_SKIP mode. These product versions do not support that mode, as described in step 3 in the following procedure.
- Install all BMC Remedy AR System components that match the versions previously identified on the production server. If you are using different locales, select your target locales to install applicable language packs.
Ensure you use the same AR System instance name, AR System database administrator name (usuallyARAdmin) and password, and table space names, including temp space.
- Install all required BMC Atrium Core components.
Set the following environment variables to true: BMC_AR_LOADAPP_SKIP=true and BMC_LOADAPP_SKIP=true (true value must be lowercase).
This enables the application installers to conduct only the operating system level installation without loading the application into the database.
For the remaining staging preparation steps, conducting English only installations is sufficient for BMC Remedy applications such as BMC Remedy ITSM, BMC Service Request Management, BMC Service Level Management, and BMC Remedy Knowledge Management.
- Install all applicable BMC Remedy ITSM Suite components and the required version patch.
- If applicable, install BMC Service Level Management and the required version patch.
- If applicable, install BMC Service Request Management. For 2.2.x, you do not need to install the subsequent patches. Installing the base version is sufficient.
- If applicable, install BMC Remedy Knowledge Management and the required version patch.
- If applicable, install BMC Service Impact Manager and the required version patch.
- If applicable, install the integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk and the required version patch.
- If applicable, install BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management and the required version patch.
- Remove the BMC_AR_LOADAPP_SKIP=true and BMC_LOADAPP_SKIP=true environment variables.