Duplicated staging server setup for upgrades with overlays
To create a duplicated staging server, you need to create an exact duplicate of your production server, including installing the AR System server and all of the ITSM applications and components, as well as any other applications such as BMC Service Impact Manager, Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk, or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management before starting the upgrade. If you set up the staging server this way, you can test your system after each upgrade step, because you have a working system at the end of each stage. You can also test the system after upgrading each ITSM application and its components.
To set up duplicated staging environment for upgrades with overlays
The following diagram and the steps explain how you can set up an accelerated staging server.
- On the staging server, duplicate the installations as on the production server. See, Duplicating the production server installations for upgrades with overlays.
- Take a backup of the production database.
- Restore the production database copy on the staging database. See, Duplicating the production server database for upgrades with overlays.
- Review the restrictions after restoring the database on the staging server with overlays. See, Restrictions after restoring the database on the staging server with overlays.
- Upgrade the AR System server. You must run the installer in Upgrade mode.
- Proceed with next stages.