Creating a vendor form for an ARDBC plug-in
After you build and install an ARDBC plug-in and configure your server to recognize it, you can create a vendor form. For information about configuring your server to recognize a plug-in, see the Configuring after installation section.
Creating a vendor form for an ARDBC LDAP plug-in is a special case. See Creating a vendor form to represent a collection of LDAP objects.
Keep these issues in mind when creating a vendor form:
- The plug-in can load more than one ARDBC plug-in at a time.
- Full Text Search (FTS) operations are not available on vendor form fields.
- You can add only those Required and Optional fields that correspond to actual columns in the data source. In addition, you can add a Display Only field only when the column name does not correspond to a column in the data source.
For more information about vendor forms, see Creating vendor forms.
To create a vendor form for an ARDBC plug-in
- In Developer Studio, choose File > New > Vendor Form.
- In the New Vendor Form Wizard, select the server on which you want to create the vendor form and click Next.
- Select the ARDBC plug-in to use in the list of Available Vendor Names, and click Next.
- Choose a table from the list of Available Vendor Tables, and click Next.
Alternatively, type a table name in the Table field, click Validate, then click Next.
- (optional) On the Field Selection page, choose a key column in the Key Field list box.
- In the Available Columns list on the Field Selection page, select columns to access in BMC Remedy AR System. Use the arrow buttons to move them to the Selected Columns list.
New Vendor Form Wizard, Selected Columns
(Click the image to expand it.)
- Click Finish to create the vendor form.
- Use Developer Studio to edit the new form, then click File > Save.