Configuring BMC Remedy IT Service Management to rename the server
The following procedure describes how to update the server name for BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
- Update the server name in the CAI:AppRegistry form.
- In a browser, open the CAI:AppRegistry form in Search mode.
- In the Server field, enter the old server name, and click Search.
Do not enter any information in the other fields before performing the search.
- In the Server field for each record, replace the old server name with the new server name, and save the record.
- Search for records in the following BMC Remedy IT Service Management forms, and replace the old server name with the newserver name.
- SYS:Attachments (If the out-of-box data is modified by replacing the arserver or midtierserver placeholders with the host names, only then change these values to the correct server host name.)
Some forms might not be available (depending on the BMC Remedy IT Service Management installation).