Configuring a password for the DSO user
The DSO server performs all operations as an internal BMC Remedy AR System user with these attributes:
- DSO user name: Distributed Server
- License type: AR User Fixed
The Distributed Server user has controlled permissions and a locked name. It does not require additional licensing.
To enable this user to communicate with its local BMC Remedy AR System server, you must configure a password for it as follows.
On BMC Remedy AR System 7.0.00 or later, DSO passwords are mandatory for all BMC Remedy AR System servers involved in distributed operations, whether the server is the source server or the target server.
To configure a password for the local DSO user
- Open the AR System Administration: Server Information form for the local BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Click the Connection Settings tab.
- On the Connection Settings tab, click the DSO Server tab.
- In the DSO Local Password field, enter a password for the local DSO user, and click OK.
To avoid authentication failures, the password must not exceed 20 characters.
- To make the change take effect, restart the BMC Remedy AR System server.