Configuring a form for auditing
The following procedure describes how to enable auditing for a form.
Do not audit system forms (such as User, Group, Server Statistics, and Server Events) because these forms use reserved fields that should exist only on the one form in BMC Remedy AR System.
To enable auditing for a form
- In BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the form you want to audit.
- Click the Definitions tab, and expand the Other Definitions panel and then the Audit panel.
- From the Audit Style list, select the type of audit you want to perform:
- None — No auditing is performed.
- Form — A snapshot of the audited form is saved to the audit form you specify. Only the audit and copy fields in the audit form contain values.
- Log — Whenever a form is saved after an audit field or set of fields changes values, an entry is created in the log form you specify.
- From the Audit State field, select Enable.
You can select Disable to disable audit functionality temporarily. Any other audit configuration values you have specified remain intact.
- From the Audit Only Changed Fields field, select how the audit function operates when no field is changed:
- Default — Use the setting defined in the Configuration tab of the BMC Remedy AR System Administration: Server Information form.
- Yes — Auditing occurs only when at least one field value changes as the result of an operation.
- No — Auditing occurs whenever there is any create, update, or delete operation on the form. Before BMC Remedy AR System 7.5.00, the server always audited every operation.
- If you specified a form audit, enter an audit form name in the Audit Form field.
- If you specified a log audit, enter a log form name in the Log Form field.
The audit or log form you specify is created when you save the main form.
- (Optional) Specify a qualification.
The incoming entry is audited only if it satisfies this qualification.
- Click OK.
In the audit form's Audit panel, the name of the main form is displayed next to the Audit From Form label.
In the log form's Audit panel, the number of forms using the log form is displayed next to the Audit From Ref Count label.